PDA

View Full Version : Embedding Jim's DHTML Menu V5.7 All in board software

Tim
02-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Dear friends,

I used the Jim's DHTML Menu V5.7 All script in several projects. In my latest project I would like to create a navigation bar in the board software of phpbb. At first I made a new cell on the left hand side of the board. It has a normal table structure which options are stored in a *.tpl file. The start page of the board is, as you can imagine, a *.php file.

Now I have some difficulties to embed Jim's menu in the new cell on the board. All tryings to place the script in the *.tpl file failed. I placed it on several positions in the *.tpl file. With no success.

Has anyone of you an idea or the same problem?

Up to now I use a frame structure for displaying the navigation bar. But in future, I don't want to use any frames. This causes another problems while displaying the board.

For you to see (to know where the problem is):

Motorclycling Board (http://www.tourenfahrer-forum.de)

Many thanks for your assistance. I've got really no ideas.

Have a nice day.

Tim
Mannheim (Germany)

cr3ative
02-27-2005, 11:13 AM
Try placing it in

/[root]/[phpbb]/[stylesdir]/[activestyle]/overall_header.tpl

cr3ative

Tim
02-27-2005, 11:43 AM
Hi cr3ative,

I took the overall_header.tpl file. Jim's script was positioned after the meta tags at the top of the script - without success.

<body onLoad="init()"> was positioned after the </head> tag. If you have a closer look on the script you'll see that there is no really declared

<body>
</body> tag.

Maybe this causes the problems. Although, the script runs well, but you'll see no menu.

Many thanks for any kind of response.

Have a nice day.

Tim
Mannheim (Germany)

Tim
02-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Hello to all,

I added the direct link to the homepage:

Link (http://www.schlau-entscheiden.de/aotf/forum/index.php)

Please, view the sourcecode. Then you'll see the problem. The menu doesn't work.

Many thx.

Best regards,

Tim
Mannheim (Germany)

Tim
03-02-2005, 08:21 AM
No ideas .....

Then I will drop out the menu and trying it later again. But the deadline for the HP is reached.

Many thanks and regards.

Tim (MA)

llama
03-02-2005, 09:10 AM
I dont know about your specific script. But the dynamic menu script I was using I first saw on the Dusty Green phpbb style. Maybe if you go look at their header templates, it can give you an idea how to use your script.

(that file can be downloaded off phpbb's website, which if you're using their board, I am sure you have a link to. It's under the Colors section under styles, on the first page)

Tim
03-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Many thanks. I will have a closer look on it. After trying it I will report my experiences.

Thx.

Tim (MA)