PDA

View Full Version : Help with HV Menu v5.5 plz.

RaHeeN Al AmaL
03-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Hi every body,

1) Script Title: HV Menu v5.5

2) Script URL http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

I have a copy of the script above and traid it & it was very nice.
The problem is that I can't put (_blank) as a target for some linke in the menu, all links open in the same window.

How can I make them open in BLANK pages?

Thank you.

RaHeeN Al AmaL
03-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Does any body know ?

Please ...

How can I do it ?

I want some links open in (_blank) new window.

RaHeeN Al AmaL
03-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Please.......

Please ... I really need it.

boxxertrumps
03-22-2007, 12:35 AM
generally, making the link open in a new page is a bad idea.
if the use wants it in a new window/tab, they'll middle click.
If they dont want it in a new one, they'll most likely get annoyed, and go to a different site.
(note, this is based on the assumption that people do the easy things, which is true for the internet.)

RaHeeN Al AmaL
03-22-2007, 07:22 AM
Thanks,

I am using that menu and really need to open some links in new windows because I made a web site as a (project) for college, the rule is if it has extarnal links I must do it open in new windows and there is marks for that, so please help me with it.

I am waiting for next answer.

Thank you.

RaHeeN Al AmaL
03-23-2007, 03:49 PM
please.......

up

gandalf97
03-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Basically what you are asking for is someone to do your homework for you. If nobody answers, my guess is that would be the reason.

Gandalf

RaHeeN Al AmaL
03-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Basically what you are asking for is someone to do your homework for you. If nobody answers, my guess is that would be the reason.

Gandalf

I am not asking any one to do my homework, I did all my homework..

But I need help with that menu only, Because I took it from here.. My teacher didnt give me the menu ask me to solve that problem and it would be my homework!

He asked me to design a simple WEB SITE with TEXT links, but I want it to be more profissional so i chose JAVA MENU from here.

Thank you

Any one wanna help me?

Dazza30
12-04-2007, 11:18 PM
If you still need an answer to your question here it is.
This will open up in a new window.

Menu2_1_5=new Array("BLACKBERRY","javascript:window.open('enter your link here,'frame_name')","",0,20,150);

molendijk
12-05-2007, 12:23 AM
If you still need an answer to your question here it is.
This will open up in a new window.
Menu2_1_5=new Array("BLACKBERRY","javascript:window.open('enter your link here,'frame_name')","",0,20,150);

If you knew that all the time, why didn't you give the answer right from the start! Bad behavior!

Arie Molendijk.

Dazza30
01-17-2008, 04:27 PM
If you knew that all the time, why didn't you give the answer right from the start! Bad behavior!

Arie Molendijk.

A response to the above.

As i dont spend all my time on this forum, i gave RaHeeN Al AmaL the answer to his problem when i read this thread.

Id suggest you only post on a thread when you have something helpfull to say!

molendijk
01-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Hello Dazza,
My sincere apologies. There has been a mistake. My post was ment to be a reaction to someone else, who spoke about persons letting their homework done by others.
I'm very sorry,
Arie Molendijk.

Dazza30
01-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Dont worry if it wasnt aimed at me then there's nothing to apologise for.

gandalf97
01-30-2008, 02:53 PM

Arie Molendijk.

Hello Dazza,
My sincere apologies. There has been a mistake. My post was ment to be a reaction to someone else, who spoke about persons letting their homework done by others.
I'm very sorry,
Arie Molendijk.

When I originally posted back in March of 2007, the original poster (RaHeeN Al AmaL) seemed to be wondering why it was taking so long for someone to answer him. At the time, this question struck me (perhaps incorrectly) as a "homework assignment" type question. I thought the reason nobody was answering was that others thought that way and so were holding back. I thought I was offering a legitimate reply to why he wasn't getting an answer and had no intention of being sarcastic or unhelpful. So, I don't know what the "bad behavior" thing is about but if it is directed my way, it is unwarranted.

Best to all,
Gandalf

molendijk
01-30-2008, 04:27 PM
When I originally posted back in March of 2007, the original poster (RaHeeN Al AmaL) seemed to be wondering why it was taking so long for someone to answer him. At the time, this question struck me (perhaps incorrectly) as a "homework assignment" type question. I thought the reason nobody was answering was that others thought that way and so were holding back. I thought I was offering a legitimate reply to why he wasn't getting an answer and had no intention of being sarcastic or unhelpful. So, I don't know what the "bad behavior" thing is about but if it is directed my way, it is unwarranted.

Let's forget it. I sincerely thought the person was asking help on a matter that he/she clearly didn't understand, although he/she tried. That's why the 'homework assignment phrase' struck me as inappropriate at the time.

Good luck,
Arie Molendijk.