PDA

View Full Version : DHTML Window Widget: Window top can become inaccessible in firefox

colpaarm
03-20-2007, 04:41 PM
1) Script Title: DHTML Window Widget

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/dhtmlwindow/index.htm

3) Describe problem: Firefox allows top of window to become inaccessible.

If you grab the window by the top of the pane (you know, trying to move the window) in firefox, you can move it upwards such that the pane moves right off of the browser's accessible area. It's hard to describe this, so forgive me. Just drag the window upward and don't stop. That's the best way to describe what to do. Make sure when you grab the window by it's top pane, you don't touch the title. For whatever reason, if you try to drag the window off of the screen and your mouse was touching the words of the title, you can't drag the window to the point where the top pane becomes inaccessible; It stops at the top. This happens in firefox on both windows and mac computers.

colpaarm
03-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Just an fyi, you can also lose the window on the bottom of the screen in firefox. Further more, you can lose the window on either side of the browser in both firefox and i.e. (6.0.2900.2180).

ddadmin
03-20-2007, 08:51 PM
I probably wouldn't call this a bug. Right now the script assumes some things about how the user may interact with the window. I'll consider adding some boundaries like the top and bottom of the document in a future version of this script.