PDA

View Full Version : Interstitial Content Box (v1.1) - Help!!!

Harlem Of Nem
03-18-2007, 02:01 PM
1) Script Title: Interstitial Content Box (v1.1)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/interstitial.htm

3) Describe problem: I cannot get a direct board directory on my Invisionfree website... (Nemesis Clan << My board (http://s10.invisionfree.com/nemesisrsclan))
So can I get this to work, I have solved how to in some way but I want to do it the normal way when it picks between 2 random files, How could I do this?

Harlem Of Nem
03-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Need a reply!!!

boxxertrumps
03-18-2007, 06:18 PM
number one, IE is a horrible browser, and i have linux, so i cant even look at what you want done.

Sorry...
The browser you are using does not support Nemesis Clan Site...
To access Nemesis Clan Site you must be using Internet Explorer (IE5+)...
please ask them to not restrict access based on your browser, just give a warning, as i have done Here (http://boxxer.mooo.com/).
Number two, invisionfree is not a very good host, and refuses most uploads. You most likely wont be able to use PHP to generate the directory listing for you either.

Harlem Of Nem
03-19-2007, 08:21 PM
What browser do you use on linux??? I've done this because some of my site scripts dont look right on different web browsers, I've put this detection code up because I saw my site looked horrible on firefox... If you tell me the browser you use on linux I will be able to alter this and make sure it does support :)

mburt
03-19-2007, 08:24 PM
What browser do you use on linux???
IE is a Windows only browser (you can probably download it on some Windows happy site). He probably uses FireFox/Opera/Konquerer etc..

boxxertrumps
03-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Actually, you shouldn't disable the veiwing of your site at all. it's like saying, "i wont let you into my bar because your shoes are'nt nike"
but i could figure out a way to make my browser send itself as IE, even though in using FF, because that information is offered to the web server by your browser.
Its usually best to make your website cross browser. Or use a warning, saying that it looks bad in certain browsers.
And yes, i use FF1.5, konquerer when FF acts up.

So far ive been disabling the popup with firebug.

Harlem Of Nem
03-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Yes exactly another reason why I need this to work... If I can I can have a warning onto it to say that if using firefox then it may not look up to scratch... I'm only doing it cos it looks really reallyt bad and ther are script errors on it... I'm trying to find them but i haven't quite yet...

Harlem Of Nem
03-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Bump...

boxxertrumps
03-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Once i get home ill be able to give you the code i use, but right now i cant access it.
might be the school, ill try a proxy.

EDIT:

<?php if (strstr($_SERVER[HTTP_USER_AGENT],"MSIE") == FALSE) { ?>
Warning goes here...
<?php }; ?>

Harlem Of Nem
03-23-2007, 04:41 PM
No No No... your not getting it are you???
I want interstitial box for a load screen aswell.... I really need this code to work boxertrumps...

Reason... My website has site errors, needs a good time to unpack everthing on it... people who have laggy computers may need to restart their computers when they jump onto my website too quick (i've seen it action so u don't have anything to say against this)...
Also... for the reason of the warning... pop-ups like the code you've just given me will annoy people...

So please can we carry on into helping the fact that the interstitial box can work on my website... If you can help me You will get a ThankYou

As always everyday, BUMP....

pcbrainbuster
03-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Just saying but IE is also available for mac...

Harlem Of Nem
03-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Bump!!

Harlem Of Nem
03-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Oh doesn't matter... I've found out how to do it without using the root domain... (i.e. Blogs, Forums)

Harlem Of Nem
03-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Anyways U get my thanks boxertrumps u've replied to me everyday and if u want to know how i've altered this script to help it work on blogs... Reply here...