PDA

View Full Version : meta tagging? any help?

darco9x2
02-25-2005, 10:07 PM
meta tags are just for adding my site to a search engine right? if so, what kind of tags to i use, and what information must go in? thanks in advance.

cr3ative
02-26-2005, 09:08 AM
If you're wanting to optimize your site for google, do what I did:

If you search for "Serberus", the second hit is my web server - if you look at the text description it is heavily loaded with keywords.

Put the keywords either in a meta tag or invisible small text, and you're away.

cr3ative

darco9x2
02-26-2005, 05:42 PM
k thanks. thats a good idea.

astralrose
02-28-2005, 07:49 AM
Hiya

This is the sort of thing I have done in the past and I always rank well in the search engines

<meta name="keywords" content="anorexia,bulimia,mental health,recovery, eating disorders,diet,death,bones,starve,self harm,cut,mutilate">
<META Name="description" Content="Savingthewoman, Finding me, eating disorders, self harm and years of depression ">
<META NAME="AUTHOR" CONTENT="astralrose">
<META NAME="PUBLISHER" CONTENT="savingthewoman">
<META NAME="COPYRIGHT" CONTENT="(c) Copyright 2004 Donna Page.">
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="ALL">
<META NAME="REVISIT-AFTER" CONTENT="7 days">

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="imagetoolbar" CONTENT="no">

Also it is always best to periodically renew your listings with the popular search engines, if you email them direct it is free. Always make sure that the keywords you use are ones that are actually on your page otherwise the search engine will disregard your page, this does NOT incude common words such as I, In, at, the, on etc you get the drift!

Hope that helps

Regards

Donna

mwinter
03-04-2005, 08:39 AM
meta tagsElements.

are just for adding my site to a search engine right?No. They are for providing meta-data about a document. Some search engines use them. Increasingly, they do not due to keyword stuffing which renders accurate searching impossible.

Mike