PDA

View Full Version : Help About Ajax Tabs Content Script & Tabs Content Script

keren2
03-17-2007, 02:22 PM
1) Script Title:
1. Tab Content Script
2. Ajax Tabs Content script

2) Script URL (on DD):
1. Tab Content Script : http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/tabcontent.htm

2. Ajax Tabs Content Script : http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

Right now, I Have Already Using Ajax Tabs Content Script For my Website, and after a while, i don't feel very comfortable using this script because of the problem of this script. The Problem is, if i had clicked a tab, and refresh the windiws, the selected tab become the default tab....

After a while, i checked DD Website and Found Tab Content Script which can remember the last tab which the user clicked even if the user refresh the page...

so, i want to integrate this two script into one scipt.... can anyone please help me to add the "Remember Active Tab when the page is refreshed" feature to The Ajax Tabs Content Script??

Thank You...

keren2
03-18-2007, 08:57 AM
Is There Anyone That Can Help Me? I Appreciate it Alot...

Thanks in Advanced...

keren2
03-19-2007, 11:45 AM
help Please >.<

Need This Improvement Badly >.< :D

keren2
03-22-2007, 07:05 AM
Are There Anyone Who Wants To help me??

Thanks... >.<

gandalf97
03-23-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure why nobody has posted to you yet and I'm not sure how much help I can be BUT...

You posted two script URLs... which one are you actually having the problem with?

I have used the ajaxtabs script for about 7 months and have found that any "problems" I have had were because of something I didn't understand rather than an problem or limitation of the script. In fact, there is still a lot of functionality I have yet to use and I am very impressed with it. The only "problem" is that it would be nice to have some examples that illustrate its capabilities better.

If you are having problems with ajaxtabs, I'll try to help as best I can but I need you to try to explain a little more clearly exactly what is going on.

Regards,
Gandalf

keren2
03-24-2007, 01:35 PM
thanks for your reply Gandalf..

Actually, i'm using Ajax Tabs Content Script

This Ajax Tabs Content Script have a limitation that Tabs Content Script Have...

The Limitation is that "Tabs Content Script" Has The Persistence Feature. a Feature that can remember what the most recently clicked tab is remembered even if the page is reloaded or revisited within the browser session.

This Feature is a Feature that "Ajax Tabs Content Script" don't Have..

So, What I Want is, I Want To Remake The "Ajax Tabs Content Script" To Be Having The "Tabs Content Script" Persistence Feature...

Somehow, I Can't Done This Script because Basically I'm not a Javascript Coder... So, I Post This Problem in This Forum Hoping For someone's help..

Thanks 2 U... ^o^...

onigetoc
03-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Did you try to enter 0 in the first line of the .js file?

var bustcachevar=1 //bust potential caching of external pages after initial request? (1=yes, 0=no)

Cheer

keren2
03-24-2007, 04:11 PM
my bustcachevar is set to 1...

the bustcachevar isn't like the Persistence feature like the one in "Tabs Content Script".

the function of bustcachevar isn't a function that will remember the recently clicked tab...

gandalf97
03-26-2007, 01:42 PM
I was thinking about bustcachevar too. I'm sorry but I am too swamped at work to take on making that extension to the ajax tabs script myself.

Here is what I suggest though... If you have *any* programming experience, you can learn javascript. There are a lot of excellent references on the web to help you. The way I learn is by taking apart code and seeing what makes it do what it does. You can do that with the scripts here. I'd look at the one that does have the feature you want and see how it is different from the ajax one. See if you can figure out how it handles persistence. Is it a cookie? Is it some sort of session variable? It will take time but the new skill you will have in 6 months will be worth it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Regards,
Gandalf