PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Text In Flash

fileserverdirect
03-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi,

I was at website that gave a "param" name that had dynamic text, e.g. a param name was set to 'fileserverdirect'; the document automaticly changed the text in the flash document to 'fileserverdirect'. I knew about params, but I didn't know about anything else it could do besides the basic flash stuff. what is the code in the flash and the HTML code to do this:confused:

Thanks,

BLiZZaRD
03-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Do you have a link? I don't quite follow what you want.

I know the dynamic text box will have an instance name, this instance name will be used in the AS for reference.

Usually the input will come in the form of a mouse action (click a button, rollOver, etc.) and you just update the AS with the new information.

If you have an example of specifically what you are looking at I can try to whip something up for you.

killerchutney
03-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Blizz i think he/she means flash vars.

HTML code:

<embed src="yourflashfile.swf" width="width" height="height" flashvars="fileserverdirect=what ever you want the text to say here/>

With the flash - I don't know yet.

fileserverdirect
03-16-2007, 08:17 PM
So You know what your talking about:
------------------------------------------------------------
I just randomly chose a site from school wires (Just because I know they have it). The top-most flash banner that says "S.S. Seward Institute" has a HTML Code like this:

<PARAM NAME="Src" VALUE="/flufsd/lib/flufsd/_template3/_assets/school.swf?strHeading=S. S. Seward Institute">
The Flash Banner changes to whatever the:

?strHeading=This changes the flash document
I hope this helps,

BLiZZaRD
03-16-2007, 08:43 PM
okay. well I know about them, but not of them, I will do some poking around and try to give you a workable answer.