PDA

View Full Version : [DHTML] Clickable waypoint follower

Fuzzyspace
03-15-2007, 09:00 PM
1) CODE TITLE: Clickable waypoint follower

2) AUTHOR NAME/NOTES: Fuzzyspace

3) DESCRIPTION: A clickable image link that moves to predefined positions. Movement can be made randomly eccentric, with a definable pause at the start and at each waypoint. This type of script was requested in a previous submission. Currently it requires a fixed layout of the webpage (Whole page encapsulated in a frame). I can do a flexible layout version if enough demand requires.

4) URL TO CODE:
www.spyatt.plus.com/ClickableLinkWaypointFollower/ClickableLinkWaypointFollower.html

jscheuer1
03-15-2007, 09:55 PM
I like your duck.

ddadmin
03-15-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm not sure how practical this script is, though it could be repackaged as a way to animate objects generically and freely on a page.

Twey
03-15-2007, 10:58 PM
That's quite spiffy. You might want to consider allowing the user to use units other than pixels, though -- this wouldn't work very well on a relatively-sized page.

djr33
03-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Hmm... it seems alright, but it kinda annoys me. The only use i'd see is some ad. Maybe I'm missing something.

mburt
03-16-2007, 12:55 AM
Same. It does seem to get annoying. Also, from time to time it will go way off the page... making it even more annoying.
The scripting aspect of it is okay, but as ddadmin said, I can't really see any practical use for it.

djr33
03-16-2007, 01:16 AM
As for going off the page... very true. That just seems to be a pain.