PDA

View Full Version : How to do zooming

fung
03-15-2007, 03:18 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know how to do zooming?

I have a drop down list called zoom as shown below.

<td style="text-align: center; width: 135px;"><small>Zoom:</small>
<select name="zoom">
<option value="all" selected="selected">All</option>
<option value="20">20%</option>
<option value="100">100%</option>
<option value="200">200%</option>
</select></td>

Appreciate if someone can show me example of code.

Thanks.

thetestingsite
03-15-2007, 03:26 AM
Zooming for what; an image, text, etc? If for text, then I don't know of anyway to do this outside of IE (Internet Explorer). If for an image, perhaps Javascript can do it, but not sure how.

Hope this helps either way.

djr33
03-15-2007, 04:42 AM
Agreed. I've never seen zooming on a webpage, except as a default in the right click menu of a flash object, or with a couple cases of a javascript that allows a selected region of a small image to be blown up into a larger region just showing a higher resolution version of that section.

jscheuer1
03-15-2007, 09:39 PM
What's 'All' mean? Zooming cannot actually be done but, it can be mimicked if all dimensions and font-sizes on a web page are set in ems, exs, and/or percentages. This takes some planning and trial and error, only percentages should be used for font-sizes and generally ems or exs for dimensions but, once set up that way, changing one or a few key percentages should be able 'zoom' the page.

If there is flash or other non-HTML content, that may have to be handled separately.

One exception to all of this is IE which does have a zoom style property for HTML content at least.