PDA

View Full Version : Display Random Words

tomyknoker
03-15-2007, 12:44 AM
Hi,

I want to have a name appear on my Flash page stay for 10 seconds, and fly off then another name and so on... So it would sort of be like "her name was... JENNY", and the "JENNY" would be the bit that changed... Anyone have any ideas on the best way? I don't want it to ever end either so would I need to have some sort of file with like a million names in there that Flash would pull in?

BLiZZaRD
03-15-2007, 06:05 PM
The name can be in a dynamic text box, which itself can be inside a movie clip. So that will work for your animation/tweening.

As far as the names go... make your file. When you have typed 1 million names, let me know :D

Actually you can make an array inside Flash with names and have the dynamic text box pull, at random from the array. quite simple really.

robbie3600
10-15-2008, 12:14 AM
The name can be in a dynamic text box, which itself can be inside a movie clip. So that will work for your animation/tweening.

As far as the names go... make your file. When you have typed 1 million names, let me know :D

Actually you can make an array inside Flash with names and have the dynamic text box pull, at random from the array. quite simple really.

Can you go over how you would do that? I have a 24 dynamic text fields on screen, and I want to randomly pull words into the text fields from a list of about 50 words. But the words can not be duplicated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Robbie

Medyman
10-15-2008, 01:23 AM
Have you seen this post (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33410)? Take a look at the examples and code I've posted. I think it'll help you out greatly.

arithehun
08-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Yes, I have a very good idea.

To see a sample of the results, download the SWF file attached, it has what you are looking for at the end.

NOTE:READ THIS WHOLE THING BEFORE DOING, THEN FOLLOW IT AGAIN AS YOU DO IT.

Ok, so this is going to be done in a movie clip, or on the main stage.

Make a static text, and type "JENNY"

Now, if you have set your fps to 30, 15 frames later, make another static text, and type "JOHN", or the next name.

Now, we're going to get ready for tweening.

Click on "JENNY static text (you must be selecting the pointer tool) and click CTRL+B to break it apart, then pres CTRL+B again.

The first type should break the text into individual letters,
the second time should make it a shape.

Do this with "JOHN"

NOTE:[B]DO NOT TURN THESE SHAPES INTO A SYMBOL, OR TAMPER WITH THEM IN ANY WAY.

Now, all that is left to do is to apply a shape tween between the two key frames. The effect should be super cool.