PDA

View Full Version : Tab Content Help

binumathewp
03-14-2007, 12:14 PM
1) Script Title: Tab Content Script
2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/tabcontent.htm
3) Describe problem:
First of all, thanks to DD for the nice scripts. I have implemented the above script and works fine in my page. But I need some additional functionality to that. Let me tell about the page (unfortunately, it is now in the Intranet).

I have an ASP/Oracle based Helpdesk application. There is a page which displays the Frequently asked Questions from the database. Previously, it was showing 1 question at a time and it took too many round trips to the server. So i have implemented the script - it shows 15 questions each in a tab with the question number as the tab title.

Now, when a particular tab is activated, I want to update the database field - number of viewers for that particular question.

i tried to implement it through javascript function which will be called automatically, but doesn't work. I tried to attach the javascript function with the onclick/href attributes of the <A tag. it is not activated.

Any ideas to do this. when i call the function, i have to pass the id of the question to be updated.

thanks in advance

binumathewp
03-17-2007, 10:42 AM
I have made it by passing the variable and calling a function inside the tab content.js and using AJAX.

But this script is awesome.

Thanks to Dynamic Drive for it.

If anyone needs the help on this, I can give a try.

Ryan Fitton
03-17-2007, 11:26 AM
I was going to put that on my website, but when hoverd my mouse over the tabs showed no boxes. So i never put it on. Nut still a very nice script. :)