PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Ajax Content, but with browser functions?

Quizosde
03-12-2007, 03:17 AM
1) Script Title: Dynamic Ajax Content

2) Script URL (on DD):

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxcontent.htm

3) Describe problem:

I have links dynamically loading external page content into a div, with javascript, using the "Dynmanic Ajax Content" script.

I've got it working great, but my question is this: Is there anyway to have this type of navigation while maintaining browser functions(back, forward). I'd also like someway to have an unique address for the each page section. Right now you just go to the index.html, and it just stays there while you load content into the divs.

Any ideas?

wavsyntax
03-12-2007, 08:23 AM
If you document.write() the dynamic content to an iframe instead of a div you will be able to use the back/fwd buttons to navigate through content as if it were seperate web pages.

Quizosde
03-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Okay that enables the back/forward buttons for me...but is there anyway that I can restructure this so I can still have the dynamic links, but have an absolute address for each page? so you'd be able to go to site.com/contact.html

onigetoc
03-26-2007, 10:22 PM
This is what i'm looking for too. I already saw a ajax website who create a permalink of the page (static page) and even load the title of every page loaded in the browser bar. i really don't know how they do that
www.podcast.com
I thought about a previous and back button in my mainculumn to help user to navigate the site, because if they push the back button in the browser they will get out of my website

jud420
08-18-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm trying to get this same thing to work. I think I can figure out how to change the <div> to an iframe, but I don't konw where to insert the document.write() code. Any help?