PDA

View Full Version : Simple Tween Question...

tomyknoker
03-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Hi all, I am using a simple tween, which basically tells my movie clip to remember it's original _y position and then from there move back -200, this works really smoothly. Once it plays it goes to a stop. The issue is after the stop I again tell the movie clip to move back -200, but it still uses the original _y position... Anyone know hoe to make it use the _y position the first animation ends on?
onClipEvent (load) {
this.originalY = this._y; //stores original position
this.tween("_y", this.originalY - 200, 1.5, "easeOutBack", 2);
}

BLiZZaRD
03-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Can't test now as I am on my work laptop, but if memory serves, your code is close, but you are naming and renaming, then not using the renames :)

try something like:

onClipEvent (load) {
this.originalY = this._y; //stores original position
this.tween("_y", this._y - 200, 1.5, "easeOutBack", 2);
}

Could also be one of the instances where you need to use enterFrame instead of load

onClipEvent(enterFrame){

When I get to work in a couple hours I will get it to work :)

tomyknoker
03-11-2007, 12:20 PM
You're too good! That was correct it making it this._y! So do I still need the first line?

tomyknoker
03-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Hey Blizz! I hope I'm not in breach of cross posting! But have you ever seen anything similar to this? I'm trying to create something similar... http://www.veuve-clicquot.com/en/?sA...ge=&country=au, It should be a menu system...

BLiZZaRD
03-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Yes you need the first line. That is telling the code that the current _y is being updated/renamed as _y whenever it stops.

I saw the other post, but I have to get ready to go to work now. When things get settled there, I will boot up my computer there and see what I can do to help you out there :D

<edit> Did I say "there" enough times in this post? </edit>