PDA

View Full Version : Create Something Like This...

tomyknoker
03-11-2007, 08:00 AM
I am trying to create something like this http://www.veuve-clicquot.com/en/?sAge=1&page=&country=au, it should load to a page where the menu floats around the screen... Anyone know how this is done?

Medyman
03-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Which portion exactly are you trying to replicated there?

That's some pretty sophisticated motion using all sorts of Flash math and easing classes and god knows what else.

It's not impossible to replicate but kind of advanced. I am not nearly as experienced with Flash to be able to tell you how to do it. From what I can gleam from the actionscript though is that it's some basic elements put together in a really novel way.

Getting a movieclip to scroll according to where you are on the page is not difficult however. The simplest way is to use an instance of startDrag/stopDrag in an onRollover situation.

BLiZZaRD
03-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Actually there is even a more simple way to recreate this without too much math and formula.

I am working on a small example, but in essence all you need to do is get the mouse _x and _y and make the buttons react based on that.

a few if/else statements, some basic math functions and then some do/elsewhile's on the buttons themselves :)

hopefully I can have a working example posted today or tomorrow, depends on how much my wife will let me play today :)

tomyknoker
03-13-2007, 12:27 AM
Ha ok thanks Blizzard that would be great!

BLiZZaRD
03-13-2007, 12:29 AM
I am working on it now. Keep in mind that this IS an example, not a finished polished product, so don't expect something grandiose. Instead I am just using some small examples to show you what you can do with out too much effort :)

BLiZZaRD
03-13-2007, 12:54 AM
Okay, my wife says I have to stop playing on the computer for tonight.

I will be back tomorrow morning though to do some more.

For now I thought you would want to see where I was. All I have now is one MC that will eventually be one of our buttons. It has no actions on it right now, but it follows the mouse around the stage. it eases into place along the edge of the stage when the mouse stops moving.

Next we will make the button start in one place, and ease back to that place. Then add the other buttons and make them do the same thing. After that we will give our buttons the rollOver actions, which will change the perspective of the other buttons not rolled over, and finally make them all move together.

Enjoy it so far :)

tomyknoker
03-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Okay, my wife says I have to stop playing on the computer for tonight.

I will be back tomorrow morning though to do some more.

For now I thought you would want to see where I was. All I have now is one MC that will eventually be one of our buttons. It has no actions on it right now, but it follows the mouse around the stage. it eases into place along the edge of the stage when the mouse stops moving.

Next we will make the button start in one place, and ease back to that place. Then add the other buttons and make them do the same thing. After that we will give our buttons the rollOver actions, which will change the perspective of the other buttons not rolled over, and finally make them all move together.

Enjoy it so far :)Hey Blizzard! Any chance we could keep going ahead with this file? This is what I have come up with... What do you think? Actually it's working very smoothly, but my biggest issue is that it sits right on top of invis_mc, I only want them all to move about 10 pixels, left, right, up or down... But still in the direction of invis_mc... Ideas?