PDA

View Full Version : Transfering .fla files

persona
03-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Heres a question I hope someone can answer for me, don't know much about this.

Just bought a brand new computer today.
My old computer holds all of my .swf flash files...some that as big as 200 mb. I don't have a cd burner or any other form other than the internet to transfer these files.

What I'm hoping to do is upload them to the internet from the old one, and download them onto the new one. Will this work? These files don't come with some attachment...or something like that?

I'm hoping this is a possible way to transfer these files...it's kind of my only means. Let me know if anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

BLiZZaRD
03-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Do you have webspace? This would be easiest. Install an FTP client on both machines, upload to your webspace via FTP from the olde one and then download from the new one.

otherwise look into this list (http://www.prospector.cz/Free-Internet-services/Online-storage-space/) of free online file hosting.

:D

Medyman
03-11-2007, 11:01 PM
I find mediafire.com to be a very reliable, free and fast web host

jscheuer1
03-11-2007, 11:11 PM
If both machines are on the net, there is a good change you could create a LAN for them. Transfer would be faster and more private. Also, if both machines are Windows, there is some kind of Transfer Wizard for new machines that can sometimes transfer files via a parallel port or USB port.