PDA

View Full Version : Script that copy pastes text on field option? (Note Maker)

forlorndeeds
03-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for taking the time to look at my post here. I was wondering if you can be able to help me. I am in the process of trying to make a 'note maker', I work in the telecommunications industry, and the majority of things we do are very repeatitive and require what we called 'notes' to be placed. Everytime we do something, we have to write a note, but I want to come up with an idea, using HTML & Javascript a way for an easy way to make notes.

Eg. Drop Down Boxes include Option, when I select say Option A, a comment field will write down the request, but in a sentence.

I'll explain. Say if there was a box called "Fruit", in it the Fruit are, Apple, Orange, Pear. If I selected say Apple, I want a comment box below to say below

"Customer purchased Apple fruit" and I want to have all sorts of options I can have there, that if I click more options, it'll write the note out for me. So insted of me taking my WHOLE time to write a sentence, this script will write it for me, by just selecting stuff in a field.

I know this alot of explaining, and I'm sure there is a simple answer to a copy paste text on field click. Can Anyone help or lead me in the right direction?

Thanks for your time.