PDA

View Full Version : DHTML Window Widget: minimized/create(open) conflict

ooop
03-06-2007, 01:06 AM
1) Script Title: DHTML Window Widget

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/dhtmlwindow/index.htm

3) Describe problem: oddball effect when clicking link to open a 'pop-up' window that has been minimized...

from the demos provided at the DHTML Window Widget's page the following oddball effect can be 'demonstrated' - at least for "Window 3 (Ajax content)" and "Window 4 (Content from a DIV on the page)"

[ don't know if effect would be present in "Window 1 (iframe content)" and "Window 2 (inline content)" examples IF they didn't open upon page load - didn't test such ]

EFFECT:
when link is clicked to "Create/ Open Window" for a window that has already been opened and has a current state of 'minimized' the window is essentially 'restored' - BUT the 'restored' window still displays the 'restore' control button when it should be displaying the 'minimize' button > so a user has to "waste" a click on the displayed 'restore' button to get it to properly display (with associated functionality) the 'minimize' button...

did that make sense?
- here - i'll spell it out...

--- in demo click link to "Create/ Open Window 4"
--- then minimize the 'popup' window that opened
--- now click link to "Create/ Open Window 4" again
as you see it essentially 'restores' the 'popup' window but now with a defunct 'restore' button where a 'minimize' button should be...

- hope this helps ;)

ddadmin
03-06-2007, 01:46 AM
I'm aware of this bug actually, though at the time was distracted and never got to fixing it. Most likely it'll be fixed the next time the script is updated.

ooop
03-08-2007, 04:10 PM
hi there - any idea when update to include this fix might be released?

OR...

could you help me figure it out...

early on in the open function i tried running a check (IF) on t.state=="minimized"
- then IF is, tried to jump to restore function
- and IF is NOT finish open function

tried many different ways - but so far, none did the trick - any ideas?

ooop
03-16-2007, 04:43 AM
is my question directly above not understandable?????????

jscheuer1
03-16-2007, 04:50 AM
is my question directly above not understandable?????????

So sorry king boss sir, we will get right on it.

ddadmin
03-16-2007, 06:14 AM
Lol at John. To the OP, yep, your question was understood, though you must realize script updates don't happen immediately. You'll just have to be patient. What you're asking in terms of the "OR" part is basically the same as addressing the bug, which as mentioned I plan to once I get the time. :D

ooop
03-16-2007, 08:17 AM
much thanks - i'll be patient (btw > great work)

_____________king ooop ;)

ddadmin
03-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Just a heads up that the bug has just been fixed: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/dhtmlwindow/index.htm

djr33
03-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Weird functionality there, though.

If it minimizes, you can still drag it around, but then if you reenlarge it, it jumps to the original spot, rather than expanding at the newly chosen spot.

I'd disable dragging if minimized (or at least vertical dragging... maybe horizontal should remain).

Additionally, to function like a real window, double clicking on the bar at the top would make it maximize/minimize, so you might want to add that functionality as well. Just on double click, do the same as the current existing button.