PDA

View Full Version : Multiple AJAX scripts on 1 page?

ShotJustice
03-04-2007, 11:10 AM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxcontent.htm

I am using AJAX and PHP 5. My page is using a dynamically-created drop-down menu to show a list of items in a MySQL table, which I am using the above AJAX script to display additional content in a DIV depending on the selection made.

The problem is, the external file has an additional PHP codeblock that requests data from a different MySQL table based on the selection from the drop-down. Previously, I've used javascript to reload the page with GET parameters to display this new content, but I'm wanting to avoid page refreshes. So what I need is a means in AJAX to pass a parameter to an external page so the PHP within that page can execute correctly and the content display.

For illustration:

<div id="toons"></div>
<div id="main"></div>
<div class="headerbox">
<br />Header Text Here
</div>

<div class="menubox">
<form>
<select id="ajaxmenu" size="1" onChange="ajaxcombo('ajaxmenu', 'toons'); loadobjs('test.css')">
<option value="">Choose Server</option>
<?php
$a=0;
while($a < $totalRows_Recordset1) {
printf("<option value=\"server.php?s='%s'\">%s</option>", $Recordset1[$a]['servername'], $Recordset1[$a]['servername']);
$a++;
}
?>
</select>
</form>

This is the form with the drop-down list, which will update the content of the "toons" DIV with the content from server.php. Note that I am trying to pass a GET parameter of s, which would be the servername from the MySQL table.

Here is where my problem lies. Server.php has a MySQL SELECT statement in it that is based upon the servername passed from the drop-down above.

Any suggestions/scripts that would help here? Should I go with an Iframe instead?

Thanks in advance,

Shot