PDA

View Full Version : Scrollbar

V1SHAL
03-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Hello...

I want to do a somewhat atypical application of a "scrollbar". I was it to be as follows:

a horizontal scrollbar which as scrolled from side to side will play (if moved to the right) and rewind (if played to the left) another movie clip.

the second movieclip will have 8 pix (1 per frame).

I have two questions regarding this.
(1) How do I construct such a scrollbar.
(2) I'd like the pictures to scroll in/out as the scrollbar is moved from side to side. Of course this can be done through tweening and/or masking but that will only work if the user drags from the beginning to the end in one smooth motion. If he stops halfway between the tween, it will show 1/2 the fade, which I don't want.

Thanks for the help.
Please let me know if I didn't explain that well enough.

BLiZZaRD
03-03-2007, 12:58 AM
There are a few different ways to do this, although I think the term "scrollbar" is used wrongly here.

Of course you can use the built in scroll bar, make it positioned bottom or top (to make it horizontal) and load all 8 pictures in a smaller "box" where only one is viewable at a time.

If you have an example of what you want I will help you build it, or at least tell you where to go to get the help/tutorial.

V1SHAL
03-03-2007, 01:37 AM
I suppose what i want is more of a "slider bar"
Similiar to this: http://trailfire.com/Frankie.Anne/marks/22294

Now I would like this scrolling to behave almost like a slider on a video player where dragging the slider to the right will advance the pix MC and to the left will send it in reverse.

I can't find anything like what I'm thinking of to show you.

BLiZZaRD
03-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Okay, better to show and explain later than to confuse up front.

So what I have done is used that tutorial that you linked to and adapted it to link to the photos.

Take a look at the fla here and test it to see it working. Then go in and look at the action script and how everything is set up. If you have questions after that just ask :)