PDA

View Full Version : Task Manager?

techno_race
03-01-2007, 03:08 AM
In the Task Manager, there is an Applications list and a Processes list. Does anyone know how to do something similar in JS, PHP or Perl?

codeexploiter
03-01-2007, 03:10 AM
Are you trying to create a task manager using JS, PHP or Perl or are you just want to achieve the look and feel of Task manager?

thetestingsite
03-01-2007, 03:11 AM
Do what in JS,PHP,or Perl (as far as the Task Manager goes)? Do you mean display a different item when you click on a tag, or actually show the process list? If the first, there are a few scripts like that here on DD. Take a look around the site to find one that suits your needs. If the latter, then (not 100% sure, but about 99.99% sure) it is impossible (or at least using JS, PHP, or Perl that is).

Anyways, hope this helps.

EDIT: Sorry Code-ex, cross posted...

techno_race
03-01-2007, 03:25 AM
Are you trying to create a task manager using JS, PHP or Perl
yes.

or are you just want to achieve the look and feel of Task manager?

Do what in JS,PHP,or Perl (as far as the Task Manager goes)? Do you mean display a different item when you click on a tag, no
or actually show the process list? yes
If the first, there are a few scripts like that here on DD. Take a look around the site to find one that suits your needs. If the latter, then (not 100% sure, but about 99.99% sure) it is impossible (or at least using JS, PHP, or Perl that is).

Anyways, hope this helps.

EDIT: Sorry Code-ex, cross posted...

Any programming language works... but I use an Apache Webhero.com server and find it most unsupportive. If it is possible to do it with JS with the page with the JS in it on the viewer's or viewers' computer, that's fine. Any other language supported by Webhero.com (Catalog.com) Web hosting, please post it here.

codeexploiter
03-01-2007, 03:31 AM
I am sure that using C++ you can achieve what you are looking for either win 32 or MFC.

I think you can go with any language that support Win 32 APIs.

I think perl supports Win 32 API extension not sure

techno_race
03-01-2007, 03:44 AM
Win32

techno_race
03-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Hey...wait a minute, Webhero.com is on UNIX but my page is viewed only on Win32.

Twey
03-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Can you clarify further? What do you want this process list to do? You want a web interface that can be used to control the server's processes remotely? Or a utility similar to the Windows Task Manager to control processes on the user's computer?

techno_race
03-02-2007, 11:30 PM
A utility similar to the Windows Task Manager to control processes on the user's computer.

Twey
03-02-2007, 11:41 PM
In that case, you don't want anything to do with JS and PHP. As codeexploiter said, you want something that can take advantage of the Win32 APIs -- C, C++, Perl, Python. However, this is no small task.

Also, abandon hope of it ever being web-based.