PDA

View Full Version : error in script over and over

hoots123
02-28-2007, 10:03 PM
1) Script Title: random iframe content
2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/randomiframe.htm

3) Describe problem: script error, Line:2, Char:1, Error: invalid character, Code:0. Also Line:1, Char:1, Error: object expcted, Code: 0

Hello, well i am trying to display fun facts on a software i run for indoor signs

Its working on 3 of our displays but this last display keeps giving us errors

it has flash 9.0 installed and ie 7.0

when i go to my random ifram url it loads fine i plug it into our software and it gives us script error, Line:2, Char:1, Error: invalid character, Code:0. Also Line:1, Char:1, Error: object expcted, Code: 0

when i go directly into my internet explorer 7.0 and load the url it loads fine, i plug it into our display software and it will bring that error up again

anyone know a very simple code that can load a random file from our server,

what we are trying to do is make lets say 100 fun facts that get displayed in the bottom corner of the TV and it will randomly grab 1 every 30 seconds from our server.... any simple code for this? ive tried 3 variations of it they all load fine on my computer and the displays computer but plug it into the software to just grab that url and we always get this same error..

Funny thing is its working fine on 3/4 of our displays... could it be some sort of update we need? i updated the java to be 1.5 on the display tv

Any help :) Thanks!!!

php-5
03-01-2007, 04:23 AM
Wow, never heard of this done before.

codeexploiter
03-01-2007, 04:59 AM
Can you provide a link to the page where this occurs?