PDA

View Full Version : Form functionality

sixft9
02-27-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm a new coder and I have a client who owns a campground and they want a form that users can fill out and send to them to make reservations. I'm in school for design and I've learned how to hand code forms and make them look pretty on the front end. However, because functionality is a back end discipline, the instructor is not going to teach us how to make our forms work. Upon asking where I go from here, my instructor told me that I would have to find a developer, hire him/her and sub out that work.

Is there any advice from some of you more experienced coders out there that I can use to learn this aspect of design? I mean, I want the information that is filled out in the form to be sent to an email address for the client, is that really difficult to learn? I'm open to any websites that you can point me in the direction to, I enjoy doing tutorials, and I love to learn. So point me in the right direction so that I can begin to figure out this aspect of the development process.

Thanks,

Dave

Blake
02-27-2007, 04:10 PM
No, it's not that difficult. To send email with a form, I would recommend php, as there is no way that spammers can get your email address from it.

Here's a tutorial to get you started:

http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/feedbackphp.shtml