PDA

View Full Version : DHTML Window Widget - Help needed

tjs
02-25-2007, 09:36 PM
1) Script Title: DHTML Window Script
2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/dhtmlwindow/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

The Window Widget is good, but I have 2 questions:

1) If there is a flash file on the page where the script is located, the flash file appears over the window if the window is dragged over the flash file. This even happens on the DD site.
2) Using the AJAX method, I want the widget to be able to switch swf files, not just HTML.

Any help would be appreciated!
:)

jscheuer1
02-25-2007, 10:57 PM
You need to set the wmode to transparent for the flash for it to appear under the widget. Also, the widget must have a higher z-index style than the flash and its containers, if any. As far as importing swf via Ajax goes, I have no experience but, I imagine it would work fine as long as your object/embed code is correct on the external page and you are not relying on scripts to write your object/embed tags. However, it may not. Experimentation would be required if there are problems. Ajax may not be suitable for this.

More on wmode:

Add the following parameter to the OBJECT tag:

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

Add the following attribute to the EMBED tag:

wmode="transparent"

If you are using script to generate the tags (as is frequently done to avoid the 'click to activate' feature in some browsers), the wmode transparent must be passed to the script. This is easily accomplished but, varies depending upon the sort of script one uses. Some scripts do it automatically.