PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Note Script: Flash banner overrides div

guvenck
02-23-2007, 04:27 PM
1) Script Title: Sticky Note Script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/stickynote.htm

3) Describe problem:
The script works as expected. I use a image instead of a text in the div. However part of the layer is being overridden by a flash banner on my page. How can I solve this problem?

jscheuer1
02-23-2007, 04:47 PM
It depends and you may not be able to entirely. If you have control over the banner, making sure that the z-index style property of the sticky is higher than the banner's and making sure the banner's wmode (set in all of its tags and/or scripts) is set to transparent should take care of it. If you have little or no control over the banner flash and/or markup, you can only raise the z-index of the sticky and hope for the best.

Alternatively, you could endeavor to ensure that the sticky never appears in a spot on the page where it could possibly over/underlap the banner.

Here are the basics on wmode and Flash:

Add the following parameter to the OBJECT tag:

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

Add the following attribute to the EMBED tag:

wmode="transparent"

If there is javascript involved in the flash, it may automatically adopt these settings or, they can be added to the script if required. All this mucking about with the flash assumes that you have access to its code.

guvenck
02-23-2007, 05:25 PM
I didn't need to play with z-index. Adding the parameters as you suggested solved the prob. Thank you very much!!!