PDA

View Full Version : SEO & Firefox display issues

DavidTutin
02-22-2007, 10:46 AM
1) Script Title: Hvmenu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/

3) Describe problem: Hi there im doing some seo on the site above and am having problems with the hvmenu, when i do a frame set work around on the site i have to create another copy of the hvmenu to stop the frameset pulling the menu to top left, once this has been done it works fine on I.E 6 & 7 but not Firefox and i think safari too. In firefox the menu appears in the top left or the page doesnt appear at all. I have tried with doc types and without doc types too.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

David

mburt
02-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

DavidTutin
02-22-2007, 03:52 PM
the website is

www.creator.uk.com

trying to insert this

<frameset rows="1,*" cols="*" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO" border="0">
<frame src="file_name.html" scrolling="NO" name="topFrame" noresize>
<frame src="file_name.html" name="mainframe">
</frameset>

sthompson
03-14-2007, 08:16 PM
I did have a client come to me with a question that I’m hoping someone can assist with in using the HVMenu object.

He is an attorney (http://mattkabak.com/about.html) and he pointed out to me that when he is in IE everything’s perfect, but when he opened up his page using Firefox, the menu (set up to ‘center’) shifted. I took a look at what was causing the problem and it turns out that it centers off of window size. When he has a page that is shorter that the height of the window, as his is on contact page (on my 1680x 1050 resolution) everything’s perfect. But when you go to a longer page, the scrollbar appears, and in its appearance, a centered table takes into account the scroll bar while the menu bar does not, thereby shifting the menu off to the right by a dozen or so pixels.

Note though, that this only happens in non-IE (in IE they both stay in sync and everything’s perfect)…

I know it’s a stupid question, but didn’t know if anyone had been hit with it before and if so, if you had a plausible solution.

Thanks in advance,
SThompson