PDA

View Full Version : Adobe + Vista?

Hound
02-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Has anyone installed Adobe Creative Suite 2 and/or the video package?

Are there any issues?

tech_support
02-21-2007, 05:29 AM
It should work.

djr33
02-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Especially for the video, I wonder if it is, in fact, more stable.
Vista claims to be faster and more stable, so I'd like to see that put to the test.
I'd guess it's compatible, too, though.
I don't really know, as I do my video work on my mac, and I'm still using XP on my windows machine.

Hound
02-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Bah ;)

Ill give it a shot, I put Vista on a seperate HD and will try installing a demo of Premiere Pro 2

Shotgun Ninja
02-22-2007, 06:54 PM
My friend had Vista Home Edition, it was fast and cool (you should have seen what it did to his graphics ability, it increased GPU performance twofold), but after a while the security system went on the fritz. Apparently, Vista is able to 'repair broken system code', which it did flawlessly for a little while, until it had totally optimized the entire system to work together. But then it caught a piece of broken code in it's security system, and proceeded to try to repair it, causing the computer to lock itself out. He had to format it. It was the strangest virus I've ever seen, because the computer itself coded it from it's own operating system files.

But while it was running, every time it ran a program, it got faster and faster at running that specific program, to the point where I could run Half-Life 2 on High using a GeForce 6150 AGP and an Athlon 64 2700+.

djr33
02-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Very interesting, though I wonder how that relates to graphics/rendering for video.

tech_support
02-24-2007, 10:13 PM
My friend had Vista Home Edition

No such thing.

There's either Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Enterprise or Ultimate.

BLiZZaRD
02-25-2007, 01:56 AM
Vista Home Basic has been shortened to Vista Home, it is the default shipping on the new computers, and thus Shotgun's post was "technically" correct.

P.S. I got my first view of Vista today. put all (possible) capabilities aside, the GUI and interaction speaking here...

Worst OS I have ever moved a cursor around in. Gag. I would rather run a computer with Windows 95 and only have access to a keyboard without ctrl, alt and delete keys.

thetestingsite
02-25-2007, 04:24 AM
Worst OS I have ever moved a cursor around in. Gag. I would rather run a computer with Windows 95 and only have access to a keyboard without ctrl, alt and delete keys.

Ditto on this end, at least until Service Pack 2 comes out for it. Then, and only then, will I consider getting this for my personal use. (But even that is a long shot.)

boxxertrumps
02-25-2007, 04:50 AM
Microsoft has screwed up enough, I'm never buying another piece of anything from that corporation.

hmm... almost 1AM...

EDIT: i mean, your computer is a tool, and once your tools start telling you what you can and cant do...

jscheuer1
02-25-2007, 03:24 PM
I haven' tried Vista yet. The way it is hyped*, it sounds like the greatest thing since sliced bread. However, as with anything new, there are bound to be problems both with the interface itself and in people's understanding of it. Since it is going to be a part of many computers as shipped, sooner or later these will be overcome, at least for the most part.

*One notable exception is the Mac vs PC ad by Apple on Vista.

thetestingsite
02-25-2007, 06:52 PM
*One notable exception is the Mac vs PC ad by Apple on Vista.

The one with the "Securtiy System" asking "Cancel or Allow"? It is exactly like that, if you choose to change a screensaver for the first time, or a desktop background, and everytime you try to install a program. Something else that is messed up, I had to install a new sound card and ethernet card because Vista didn't support it.

BLiZZaRD
02-26-2007, 02:33 AM
I know what you mean test... I had to enter the control panel to get the ethernet working, and every time I clicked on say "system" I get a warning message "Are you sure you want to continue..."

Well F*&^%ing DUH I want to, I wouldn't have double clicked the freaking icon if I didn't want too..

thetestingsite
02-26-2007, 02:48 AM
Well F*&^%ing DUH I want to, I wouldn't have double clicked the freaking icon if I didn't want too..

ROTF...I've been trying to find a way to diable it (without diabling Windows Security altogether), but haven't found a solution yet. Have you (or anyone)?

BLiZZaRD
02-26-2007, 03:01 AM
No, it wasn't my machine, so I didn't bother. I just learned enough to let myself know I won't be getting Vista, at least not for a LONG while.

jscheuer1
02-26-2007, 03:29 AM
These OS's can be such nags. I remember back to Windows 3.x -

Are you sure you want to exit Windows?

In fact, I'm on my second box with XP and on the first one there weren't any of these stupid balloon tips telling me stuff about the icons in the tray that I already know when I'm trying to focus on other things. I've had the new box for almost a year and finally got around to disabling them.

Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, free at last!

thetestingsite
02-26-2007, 03:33 AM
Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, free at last!

Are you sure about that? :p Anyways, my first computer had Win 3.1 on it and I remember the "Are you sure you want to quit Windows" prompt. It's only gotten worse from there (with the ballon tooltip thing). And the next version is supposed to be "better" than all the rest (including Vista). Can't wait to hear what my usual "First to buy new things" customers will have to complain about on that one. :)

jscheuer1
02-26-2007, 03:42 AM
I looked into it when I first got the machine but, didn't turn up anything useful. Now I find out that all that I needed to do was add a DWORD to the registry and set it to 0.

It really should be just a right click on the stupid balloons and selecting an option like:

Never show me this stupid, obnoxious, annoying thing ever again!

BLiZZaRD
02-26-2007, 04:20 AM
Perhaps I will work on a Windows fix for that.. can't be too hard, maybe just a reg key to ask and another in CURRENT_USER to set able/disable... hmmm

tech_support
02-26-2007, 04:44 AM
Control Panel >> User Accounts >> "Disable User Account Control" or something like that

Edit: Changed name

BLiZZaRD
02-26-2007, 04:59 AM
Yes but that wouldn't give us John's clever text of

Never show me this stupid, obnoxious, annoying thing ever again!

Hound
02-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Goooood lord did this turn into a flam M$ thread :)

Not that I really care. But the original question was how well does Adobe products work on Vista.

I still havent had time to test this out on my machine (being to productive to risk hitting some brick walls at the moment). But I did call Adobe and ask their advice... their answer, 'it doesnt work!' wow.