zahi
02-19-2007, 01:28 PM
1) Script Title: Balloontooltips

2) Script URL (on DD):

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/balloontooltip.htm

3) Describe problem:
it's working perfect but i get error on page message " dropmenuobj not defined"

example on page: http://www.muziekentertainment.nl/DE_MUZIKALE_CATERING.html

this error not exist on home and indexpage where i use the same script but in combination with left right curtainscript: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/document6.htm

I can't find the solution so ......:eek: :confused:

jscheuer1
02-19-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm not getting any error and I see no curtain script on that page. Did you remove it? What browser are you using?

zahi
02-19-2007, 03:56 PM
John,
the curtains are on the index and home.
on all the other pages the error shows up the seccond or third time visiting the page.
browser=windows xp.
grts

jscheuer1
02-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Still not getting any errors, even on the pages with curtains. I'm using windows xp but, that is not a browser, that is an OS. I've been trying in the current default browser for that OS which is now IE 7. Are you still using IE 6?

zahi
02-19-2007, 05:54 PM
John, I'm using IE 7.
the home and index don't give this error.
other pages (even not all the pages) does when clicked on 2/3/4 times...strange enough..

zahi
02-19-2007, 06:02 PM
the 'error on page' shows:
line: 1
sign: 1
error: dropmenuobj not defined
code: 0
translated from dutch

zahi
02-19-2007, 09:21 PM
sign=char=character the very first character on the very first line.
i'm learning!:) code 0 means error but solved. still it's not proper an error message.

jscheuer1
02-20-2007, 04:36 AM
The very first character of the very first line usually means it was attempted onmouseover, onclick, onload, etc., or as part of an interval or timeout operation. You have so many scripts on your page and the error is so intermittent - I still can't get it to happen - that it would be hard, if not impossible, to diagnose further.

zahi
02-20-2007, 09:38 AM
I checked forexample the sources of dd-pages where they use much more scripts then I use. DD ask not to quest about more scripts on a page. So I checked all kinds of solutions on several sites. They're all different solutions.
DD should make there service complete by a page with different clear & simple solutions and explanations about using more than one script.
greetings

jscheuer1
02-20-2007, 02:37 PM
If there were one simple way of running all multiple scripts on all pages, DD would have a page explaining it. Many, perhaps most multiple script conflicts are the result of conflicting onload functions. Even this one issue has several potential resolutions that depend upon the scripts involved. Your issue appears not to be onload conflict however. If it were, it would happen every time the page(s) were loaded. In your case, my instincts tell me that there is some kind of conflict with one or more of the scripts defining a global variable with the same name differently. Why this only happens sometimes might have to do with the order in which things get executed on a given page. Since I cannot get it to happen, it is virtually impossible to tell what that order or what that variable it is. And, it might be something else . . .

zahi
02-20-2007, 10:13 PM
the solution must be very simple and there where all the javascripts are in common tells my instinct. =;]