PDA

View Full Version : Loading External Swf files

V1SHAL
02-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Hey Everyone...

I think this is another issue that i'm over complicating. What is the simplest way to import in an external swf file.

I don't want to do anything fancy with it, just to load as soon as the frame that contains its container is played.

I've looked through about 5 online tutorials but for some reason it's just not working.

I know i have to use the MovieClipLoader class but I read something about calling event listeners and was totally confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

BLiZZaRD
02-17-2007, 05:55 PM
For what you are doing you don't need event listeners.

Just use something like the following:

_root.empty.loadMovie("file.swf");

where "_root.empty" is the name of your container, and "file.swf" is the name of your movie to load.

That should do it. If you are having issues check to ensure you are publishing as Flash 8. If you are and still have the problem, post back as there are a few other "work arounds" :D

V1SHAL
02-18-2007, 04:46 AM
Hey...

thanks for the help
but it's not working

this is the code that i first tried using but for some reason its not working and am not sure why.

i checked the publishing, i am indeed publishing in Flash 8.
so what are these "work arounds"?

Thanks once again for the help. you really are a life saver.

BLiZZaRD
02-18-2007, 03:18 PM
You have ensured as well that ALL files to be uploaded are in the exact same directory?

If so, post up the codes you are using right now, or better yet attach your fla and I will take a peek and get it working.

(with full explanation of course)

V1SHAL
02-19-2007, 04:14 AM
Thanks Blizzard.

I think I'm going to change my design a bit so I won't be needing to import an external swf.

I figured out that the problem wasn't with the importing of the swf. That part was working fine. Rather, when the swf was imported it appeared off the stage. Not sure why this happened because the containing movie clip and the imported swf were both the same size. :-\

But thanks anyway!