PDA

View Full Version : two problems

danielbento
02-16-2007, 11:40 PM
hi,

i have two problems in flash actionscripting:

- first: i have a dynamic textfield formatted in multiline. Each line represents a different item. I need to retrieve each item no an array. How can i do that? Is it possible to do something like: myDynamicText.line[1] for refering to the firs line?

- second: when i push a button, a movieclip opens, just like a window. However, below the movieclip, the scripts keep working. Can i deactivate al the scripts from a certain level? For example, deactivate all movieclips in the root. Is there a way to prevent this?

Can anyone help me in these problems?

BLiZZaRD
02-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Which version of Flash are you using for this?

I will have to research the first problem, but the second is done very easily. It just depends on version.

I may be away for a while as I transport home, and do the research, but I will be back ASAP :)

danielbento
02-20-2007, 12:42 AM
To the second problem, i'm using the last version of flash.

To the first problem, thanks but no need to research. I'll find out. If you already knew a way, it could be a good help for me. If not, you shouldn't have all the work. I'll do it.
I have an idea to this problem.
I can include in the end of each line some sign like a |. And use some function than when detects this symbol, counts one line.

What do you think?

BLiZZaRD
02-20-2007, 07:09 PM
For your second problem a rootStop() should work...

on(release){
_root.stop();
}

Added to your button code for your pop up MC.