PDA

View Full Version : How to mute the refresh event sound

essdeepee
02-15-2007, 06:41 AM
Is there a way to programmatically mute the click sound that is made when a web page does a refresh.

We have a web-based foreign exchange application. Since our application uses auto refresh function that refresh rates frequently, the refresh event sound plays whenever the page reloads. I am looking for a piece of code, which will block sounds of browser events.

Currently I know how to manually go into windows and set the clicking sound to nothing (Which stops the clicking sound):

>control panel >sounds and audio device properties
>Go to the topic for (window explorer) and set the start navigation.wav to none

But I need this to be done programmatically. Is there any workaround for this? If anyone knows how to do this programmatically, or has an idea of how to do this programmatically please respond.

If you have a recommendation on a resourceful site that can help with this, please leave a URL. Any help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Prakash

djr33
02-15-2007, 06:53 AM
Nope. There certainly isn't a cross browser method.
You can't force the browser to do what you want. HTML/javascript/etc are secondary to the user and browser.

The option here would be to not refresh.... perhaps use ajax. But... really... just deal with it. Webpages are limited.... but not something so horrible. It's usually better to just deal with that than try to override the system.

codeexploiter
02-15-2007, 08:47 AM
I don't think it is not possible to suppress the sound of refreshing because that sound is there because your client's machine has a setting to do so.

If you want to turn it off it must be done from your client's end.

That can be done using the control panel (not programmatically using any language).