PDA

View Full Version : Php - Cms

Rohan72
02-12-2007, 07:45 PM
I created a website for a sportsteam completely in HTML/javascript.
Now i want other user to be able to post/add their own game-reviews.

I was looking at some php-cms scripts, but there are so many and all with so many different possibilities.
All i want it to do is let people log in, post their reviews without them caring about layout (since the text will be displayed in an Iframe) and let them edit previous reviews.
I would also like to be able to control the number of articles on a page and put the rest in a accessable archive. If possible it would be nice to be able to display only the latest entry in full and the rest of the entries would be only headlines, which would expand if clicked on.

Anyone any idea which php-cms script (or any other scripts) would fit best?

mburt
02-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Anyone any idea which php-cms script (or any other scripts) would fit best?
There is no single PHP/CMS "script". They consist of several pages.
Try this:
http://php-mysql-tutorial.com/

thetestingsite
02-13-2007, 12:58 AM
Probably the best way to get a script/program to function how you like it (or need it to) is by writting one yourself. Check the link that Mike posted above, and that should help you get started. If you get stuck, let us know and we can help you out.

Rohan72
02-14-2007, 02:48 AM
I found a php-script that does exactly what I want... PHPnews
I haven't tried all the features yet (cause i don't need them all). But too me (as as php-noob) it seems pretty simple to edit the templates and fiddle around with the layout.
Thanx for your help anyway.

killerchutney
02-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I was just about to suggest that, PHPnews is what I use for my website, but I need some way to connect a submissions script to it (so users can post content instantly)