PDA

View Full Version : Flash LAGGGGG

Merciless
02-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Has anyone else ever noticed sometimes when your done with a flash and you publish it and put it on the internet, or preview it on the internet it seems to slow down? or it goes slower than you inteded it to, thus throwing off the feel of the flash animation , does anybody know how to fix it so that flash's will not slow down on the internet? :p

BLiZZaRD
02-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Get a faster connection. Make a smaller movie. Don't use huge graphics. Or make a preloader. :)

fileserverdirect
02-13-2007, 02:28 AM
It happend to me too ... but I even have a DSL Connection. This Can happen because of two reasons. One You either uploaded it as ASCII... which will never load even the simplest text in flash... or the Action script is set too low for a high flash player... e.g. Flash 10 playing Action Script 1.0 or Flash 2 playing Action Script 2.3.

-File Server Direct

--or maybe your connection is slow :-)

BLiZZaRD
02-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Connections, file size, etc will not matter if you just place a nice simple preloader on the movie. Then once it is loaded (at any speed on any connection) it will all be loaded, buffered, and ready to play.

Merciless
02-14-2007, 12:46 AM
how do i do that?

BLiZZaRD
02-14-2007, 03:14 AM
Well, I just so happen to have Written a tutorial (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17277) on how to make a basic preloader :D