View Full Version : Anylink CSS Positioning Problem

en1gma
02-11-2007, 11:05 AM
1) Script Title: AnyLink CSS Vertical Menu

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/anylinkcss2.htm

3) Describe problem:
Hi,

After implementing this script on a website I'm currently working on locally, it seems everything is working fine and dandy however, I noticed that in IE, I'm encountering a bit of a positioning problem. There are two links on the site navigation that require sub menu boxes to pop up right next to it. The submenu boxes seem to be pushed down in a position where I'm not expecting them to be (i.e. NOT directly next to the link but further below). Here's a bit of a diagrammatical explanation of what I mean (pardon its dodginess please):

Links 2 and 5 are what require submenu boxes to appear right next to them.

link 1
link 2
link 3 [submenu for link 2 appears here]
link 4
link 5
link 6
link 7

[submenu for link 5 appears here]

Here's what I want it to look like:

link 1
link 2 [submenu for link 2 appears here]
link 3
link 4
link 5 [submenu for link 5 appears here]
link 6
link 7

I've been making alterations to the css file and slight modifications to the javascript file, to no avail. If someone could please help me out with regards to this, I would greatly appreciate it. Oh what the heck, I'll chuck in a few thousand feet kisses for the person who helps me solve this. Cheers fellas (and gals) :) .

ddadmin
02-12-2007, 12:23 AM
How are the main menu links (link 1, link 2 etc) on your page defined? By that I mean, anything out of the ordinary, such as relative positioning or indentation? The script attempts to drop down to the right of the activating link, though what it considers the boundaries of the activating link can change depending on how you've defined this link's style. Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

en1gma
02-12-2007, 10:05 AM
How are the main menu links (link 1, link 2 etc) on your page defined? By that I mean, anything out of the ordinary, such as relative positioning or indentation? The script attempts to drop down to the right of the activating link, though what it considers the boundaries of the activating link can change depending on how you've defined this link's style. Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

Great tip! I inspected my CSS and removed the "position: relative" from my link style and everything works fine now in IE. It's strange, coz everything was appearing and working perfectly in FF. Thanks again! Legend! :)