PDA

View Full Version : button 'over appearance

neilkw
02-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Ok, I've had a search for a solution but I feel that question is too basic for the serious flash work on here.... I'm a newbie in flash. ( you'll soon see that )

1. I have designed a map with country borders drawn out.
2. On the right hand side are location names in a square panel.

When a user hovers on a country inside the map OR on the names in the square panel they both change colour - ie. basic button hover state.

What i want to do is have a line appear which links the country in the map to the name in the square panel, but every time i put this line in the hover state and then preview the movie, the line is ALSO clickable and appears when the mouse rolls over it's location and I don't want that!

How do i make this linking line ONLY appear when the country or name are rolled over?

Does this make sense?
all help appreciated..

thanks

BLiZZaRD
02-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Make all your lines. Make them Movie Clips, and give them all unique instance names. Put them all on the stage where they should appear.

Looks pretty messy right? No worries... a little AS and you will be golden.

First, in the first frame put this:

_root.instanceName._visible= false;
_root.instanceName2._visible= false;
etc...

Just do that for each line. This will make them invisible when the movie loads. Obviously change "instanceName" with the names you gave the lines.

Next on each county AND button, in the actions panel put this:

on(rollOver){
_root.instanceName._visible= true;
}

on(rollOut){
_root.instanceName._visible= false;

This will make the line visible when they hover over the country/button, and invisible when they are not hovering over.

Hope it helps :D