PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Drop Down Menu.**SOS**

ckapfunde
01-31-2007, 07:26 AM
Hi All,

Im creating a site search page that needs to be a dynamic form. The initial form only consists of two drop down menu's, with the last drop down menu dynamically changing the rest of the form below according to the users selection. Can anyone please help moi?

Thanks in advance.

thetestingsite
02-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Could you provide more details, such as what's going to be in the first and second drop down menu? Also, if you already have a script that is not working post it here. Anything else that could be helpful.

ckapfunde
02-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Sure, the first drop down menu will be geographical location by country, and the second will pertain to search index categories, i.e. games, cd or books. Once category is selected I was hoping to have the hidden form to become visible. E.g BOOKS will show the following fields author, title, edition or GAMES will show the following fields title, console.

thetestingsite
02-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Have you tried Twey's Form Dependency Manager (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/formdependency.htm)? That would probably suit your needs with perhaps a little bit of editing. If not, I had written something that is similar to what you are looking for in a contact form for the company I work for. I have to find it again, but let me know if Twey's script works for you.

Hope this helps.

ckapfunde
02-02-2007, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the Twey suggestion, but unfortunately it didnt seem to work for me. Any other recommendations?