PDA

View Full Version : rsspausescroller display multiple headlines?

smbenes
01-30-2007, 05:01 PM
1) Script Title: rsspausescroller

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/rsspausescroller/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I have successfully deployed the rsspausescroller, but I am interested in being able to display more than one headline at a time. It appears in the "advanced" settings that there might be a way to easily do this?

//Advanced users: Edit below function to format the RSS feed output as desired
//formatrssmessage(divid, message_index_within_array, linktarget, logicswitch)

However, i tried sending a variable for the message index through the javascript (number 5 in the call below) but it just caused the script to hang. Any ideas?

new rsspausescroller("prnpharma", "feedbox2", "rssclass", 3000, "_new", 5)

Thanks!

ddadmin
01-31-2007, 08:22 AM
Actually, there's no easy way to do this now. The advanced settings still pertain to editing the format of each individual headline, not how mahy headlines you can show at once.

This has been requested before as well, so the next time the script is updated, I'll be addressing this. Just a heads up that I may also be replacing LastRSS, the backend script used by this script, to something more robust like Simplepie.org.

aka Robbie
10-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Have this been updated to include multiple headlines yet?

If not can anyone recommend a good pausing rss scroller that can display just the headlines (and poss date)?