PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v1.5)

mlski
01-27-2007, 10:51 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v1.5)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: I've used this script for 2 years now and in IE 7 suddenly on my PC is not showing up. I can see it in FF, but in IE 7 I just have a large blank area where the slideshow has always been (this is a very recent occurrance - has worked until sometime this week). Right click in the blank area doesn't even acknowledge there's supposed to be graphics there.

Went to look at the script here at DD and the demo on your sight also comes up blank in IE 7 - but does display in FF.

I had a friend look - he can see the slideshow in his IE 7 and earlier versions of IE, FF, Opera, Linux, Mac, etc - it seems it's just me that can't see my slideshow! I have JS opted to run - I have numerous scripts on other pages that are all working just fine (at least the ones I've looked at), so I don't think it's a setting.

Confused! To say the least.

ML

jscheuer1
01-27-2007, 11:16 AM
It almost has to be a setting. If other scripts are running fine in IE 7 for you then, it isn't the scripts setting, at least not the main one. You could try resetting the defaults in both security:

Tools > Internet Options > Security (tab) > Reset all zones to default level (button)

and in advanced:

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced (tab) > Restore advanced settings (button)

Then close all IE 7 windows and restart the browser.

mlski
01-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Yup - that did it, though I have no clue what got changed. I haven't touched those settings in months and the problem only cropped up this week!

Thanks!

ML