PDA

View Full Version : plz help me out

sweet_girl
01-27-2007, 01:47 AM
i have my own ipb1.3 free forum

i want hide coding
such that
everyone needsd to reply to the post to see the content...only the person who hides the content should see it..
format is

basically i want is tht
users get a message..or an image that
you need to reply to view the msg
and once they reply they get to see the actual msg

plz someone tell me its coding

thankssss :)

BLiZZaRD
01-27-2007, 07:12 PM
This isn't a simple thing, you are talking about basically making a mod for the forum software. You would also need admin access to the server, and last time I checked free forums didn't let general users access to their files on the server.

Now if you were using a forum that you ran locally, that might be different. Still a lot of work and time, and someone would have to study the format and structure of said forum software to see how it was set up in order to alter it.

Look into phpbb and SMF, which allow (and each have thousands) of modifications.

This is something more than just adding bbc code to your database. :D

sweet_girl
01-27-2007, 07:36 PM
i have got the mod...the coding..which i got from mods site..but it didnt work completely...and its been 1 month requesting for correction in coding there..so i thought may be i could find help here...
with that coding..hide tags do come in post screen section...but they dont work..they dont hide which i want...

here is the coding

<script>
var post
post1="#F5F9FD"
post2="#EEF2F7"
td=document.getElementsByTagName("TD")
for(i=0;i<td.length;i++)if(td[i].className=="post1"||td[i].className=="post2")post=td[i].className
if(post)document.cookie="pClass="+post
if(location.href.match("act=Post"))for(i=0;i<td.length;i++)if(td[i].innerHTML.match("accesskey"))
{
td[i].innerHTML="<input type='button' accesskey='d' value=' HIDE ' onClick='addCode()' class='codebuttons' name='hide' onMouseover='showTip()'>&nbsp;"+td[i].innerHTML
break
}
function showTip()
{
document.forms['REPLIER'].elements['helpbox'].value='Hide Text (alt + d)'
}
function addCode()
{
hideText=prompt("Enter the text to be hidden","")
if(document.cookie.match("pClass=post2"))post=post1
else post=post2
document.forms['REPLIER'].elements['Post'].value+=""+hideText+""
}
</script>

if u can correct this coding then i would be thankful..otherwise its okk :)

BLiZZaRD
01-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Do you have a link and a test message so I can see what it is doing currently?

sweet_girl
01-28-2007, 01:27 AM
here is the link of my forum

http://publicdemand.2.forumer.com

i have allowed access to guests to post topics..so u can post and see wht happens.. :)