PDA

View Full Version : Chrome CSS Drop Down Menu Firefox Bug

psilos
01-26-2007, 08:57 AM
1) Script Title: Chrome CSS Drop Down Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/chrome/index.htm

3) Describe problem: There is a bug with Firefox,
when u hover a submenu it doesn't close the menu after the mouse is out of region. It closes only if u hover again at menu..
I noticed this is the case at chromemenu.zip which i downloaded.
But at site there is no problem. Are there different versions of the script?

ddadmin
01-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Actually, this was a bug that was fixed a few weeks ago, both on the DD demo you see and in the zip file. You can verify this by checking that chrome.js within the zip file is last modifed Nov 13th, 2006.

psilos
01-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Oops, sorry for that, i guess i have tried a previous downloaded version. Everything up and running.

I know u don't have a mac but if u could fix a minor bug with safari it would be a perfect script(with some minor css mods i could make).

The problem with safari is that it keeps re-appearing the sub-menu while u are moving the mouse over one menu item, instead of just leaving it open.

Thanx for your responce!

ddadmin
01-31-2007, 08:52 AM
Regarding the Safari issue, it looks like it's with the optional swipe effect. If I find the time I'll see if I can find a fix, and update this thread when that happens.

psilos
03-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Any luck with Safari issue yet?

Is it a simple way to check if Safari and disable swipe effect?
Sorry for posting that here....

ddadmin
03-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Is it a simple way to check if Safari and disable swipe effect?
Sorry for posting that here....

Now why didn't I think of that? :) Yep, you can disable the swipe effect in Safari (until I get to fixing it) by editing the below line inside chrome.js:

if (this.enableswipe==1 && !/Safari/i.test(navigator.userAgent) ){
if (typeof this.swipetimer!="undefined")
clearTimeout(this.swipetimer)
obj.clip="rect(0 auto 0 0)" //hide menu via clipping
this.bottomclip=0
this.swipeeffect()
}

The code in red is new.