PDA

View Full Version : Form WYSIWYG in textarea

mdconnor
01-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Not sure I am in the right place but...
I have code that formats text in my form textarea (openWYSIWYG 1.01b). When it is submitted the email I receive is not formatted but does have the html tags. Is it possible that I need to modify the form.asp file for the email I receive to show formatting?

jscheuer1
01-25-2007, 04:11 PM
If an email has HTML tags in it but is sent as plain text, many email clients will see the tags, not the formatted HTML. In PHP List (just as an example), as admin, you have the choice at various levels to allow it to send text or HTML or both. So, ideally you would want to address this at the origin point for the email, if possible. If that is your form.asp, then do it there. However if it employs - say formail or something like that, to actually send the message, the configuration may need to be done to the mail handler program, possibly in both places.

If you are the only recipient, you might be able to configure your email client to read it as HTML, even if it was sent as plain text.

mdconnor
01-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Thank you for the reply. I am the only recipient but have been unable to make it display as HTML in Yahoo Mail or Outlook Express. However, if I click reply in Yahoo the quote will show correctly. There has got to be a better way. I do not know enough about asp files to work on them.

I downloaded "openWYSIWYG 1.01b" from this site but they do have their own site with forums. At this point I have never received my conformation email from them so I can participate in their forums.

Thanks again,

Mike

jscheuer1
01-25-2007, 05:30 PM
You should have a look here:

http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/faq/Email/faq6.shtml

I'm not sure if you can easily adapt their:

objMail.BodyFormat = 0
objMail.MailFormat = 0

to your code but, it is worth a shot.

Note: objMail was created by first:

Dim objMail
Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")

As I say, it would be a matter of adapting this to your existing mail code.

See also:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&client=opera&rls=en&hs=4u8&q=asp+send+formatted+email&btnG=Search

for other possible solutions.