PDA

View Full Version : MC problem plz reply

sundeep_02tv26
01-24-2007, 05:31 AM
hai to all i had one poblem in my project can any one slove it and tell plzzzzzzzzz

i had two buttons bio_mc and art_mc
the bio_mc r movieclips which have upstate,downstate,hitstate same as with art movieclip also.

the bio is on enterframe it is highlighted i.e. upstate.

what i want is on press of art the bio shuld be down state .

i tried many times but due to on enterframe it is highlighted as the movie plays

i want on art is presses bio should be down state.

BLiZZaRD
01-24-2007, 06:20 AM
First, they need to be Movie Clips, NOT buttons. MCs can have button properties, but buttons can not have MC properties. So change the bio_mc and art_mc to movie clips.

Next, add a layer to each MC and put a stop(); in each frame.

You have to give both MCs an instance name (click once on MC from the stage, open "properties" panel type name in box "instance name")

Then use action script to tell the buttons what to do.

for example if you give instance names of "bio" and "art" then on the artMC you would put something like:

on(press){
_root.bio.gotoAndStop("2");
}

on(release){
_root.bio.gotoAndStop("3");
}

You may have to adjust slightly based on how your MCs are layers on the stage (nested, depths, etc.)

For an example see the attached zip file :D

asicsgel
03-10-2011, 09:23 PM
First, they need to be Movie Clips, NOT buttons. MCs can have button properties, but buttons can not have MC properties. So change the bio_mc and art_mc to movie clips.

Next, add a layer to each MC and put a stop(); in each frame.

You have to give both MCs an instance name (click once on MC from the stage, open "properties" panel type name in box "instance name")

Then use action script to tell the buttons what to do.

for example if you give instance names of "bio" and "art" then on the artMC you would put something like:

on(press){
_root.bio.gotoAndStop("2");
}

on(release){
_root.bio.gotoAndStop("3");
}

You may have to adjust slightly based on how your MCs are layers on the stage (nested, depths, etc.)

For an example see the attached zip file :D

Much appreciated blizzard had a similiar problem to OP. Found both of my MC's didnt have the instance name. Took me so long to work this out, thanks mate!