PDA

View Full Version : Top Navigational Bar II in IE7

Le Petit
01-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Script Title: Top Navigational Bar II
Script URL (on DD): http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/topnavbar.htm

Hello,

The above script worked fine in IE6, but not in IE7. As you can see when clicking the above link: when you onmouseover the text in the menu, the menu doesn't react. Can this be fixed?

Greetz.
Le Petit

jscheuer1
01-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi Le Petit,

This is a third party menu, meaning that it was written by someone other than Dynamic Drive. It is user submitted. It hasn't been updated since (according to the demo page) 2001, six years ago.

Now, it does work in IE 7, the only problem is that you cannot, it seems hover over the text of the menu. If you only hover over the area around the text, it works fine in IE 7. That probably could be fixed but, I think that it would be better to find another menu.

Here's why - this menu also doesn't work in FF. Back in 2001, I'm not sure if FF was even available, it now is 20% or more of the browser base. The script could probably be updated to work with FF but, it would (in all likelihood) be a major project.

Don't give up just yet. If the author is still around and supporting the menu, he probably has updated it. His email address is on the demo page.

Also, I just ran across this page:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/topmen4/index.htm

It appears to be an orphan menu (one whose page was lost or not updated for one reason or another during one of the changes to the look of Dynamic Drive). It is from another third party developer and appears to work in FF and IE 7 as well as Opera. The author's home page is listed and still available. Menus are for sale there but, apparently this one is still free for those who can find it and it looks like a free upgrade may even be available from the author if you look carefully for it on his home page.

Le Petit
01-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the useful info. I'll have a look.

You are right about FF, this and the IE7 bug are good reasons to replace it.