PDA

View Full Version : What things I need to create a my forum by ASP???

h2q1
01-20-2007, 01:56 PM
I want to build a forum for myself (of course, I know it's difficult to make a forum but I have some friends work together)
So, What "things" do we need ?...
Our knowledges is ASP,HTML,CSS,Javascript,SQLserver,ADO and Designers...
I want to ask that what is languages, tools, architecture...?? (we need must learn more than) to bulid our a forum. (by ASP technology.)
(please try show me a process that create a forum...)

Somebody help me and show me some advices
Thanks a lot! :)

Twey
01-20-2007, 02:14 PM
That sounds like everything you need.

I'd recommend PHP/Perl/Python and MySQL/PostgreSQL over ASP and MSSQL, but obviously you're limited by your knowledge. Could be a chance to learn something new, though, I guess.

mburt
01-20-2007, 03:35 PM
PHP/MySql is the most popular though, I personally find it very easy to code PHP/MySql. I use a registration system on my site which uses a MySql database

h2q1
01-21-2007, 06:46 PM
So, ur advice is use PHP/Perl/Python and MySQL/PostgreSQL over ASP and MSSQL.

But, how long does it takes time to learn this things?
what have the same thing between languages above with things I learned ?

I must begin from where ?
Where I can learn to create my own forum with tools above?

pls show me...:)

(thanks a lot)

Twey
01-21-2007, 08:08 PM
But, how long does it takes time to learn this things?Not too long.
what have the same thing between languages above with things I learned ?Well, any SQL server you come across will be similar, although there are differences. I can't speak for ASP, since I don't know what languages you usually use with it.
Where I can learn to create my own forum with tools above?No matter what language and database you choose, if you learn it thoroughly enough, you'll have a good idea of what's involved.

mburt
01-21-2007, 09:09 PM
I learned MySql in about two days (of course, I already knew PHP, so that was a bonus) My site isn't a forum, but there is some sort of user interaction.