PDA

View Full Version : loading in a dummy movieclip

sundeep_02tv26
01-20-2007, 11:43 AM
hai to all

i had one problem in my project can any one solve it plzzzzz

i had all movieclips in my library in flash i had given them a linkage name to them

what i want i want to load the movieclips which r in library to load in a dummy movieclip so that i can load more movieclips in the dummy movie clip.

plzzzzzzzzzzz any suggestions

BLiZZaRD
01-20-2007, 03:06 PM
What you are talking about is called Empty Movie Clips. You will need to use the attachMovie() command for this. It is fairly simple really, just a bit of coding and can be horrendous when you have a ton of MCs, but it is your project not mine :)

Any way, you said you already gave the linkage to each MC in the library, that is good, you will need to know the linkage names for this. here is the code:

_root.emptyMCName.attachMovie("linkageName", "newName", this.getNextHighestDepth());

obviously emptyMCName is the name of your "dummy" MC on the stage, linkageName is the name of the MC you want to load there, newName is the name you will replace linkageName with once it is created on the stage, and this.getNextHighestDepth() just tells it to go on stage and be visible.

You can put this on a button or what have you. Play around, it's fun :)

sundeep_02tv26
01-22-2007, 05:22 AM
thanks for the answer

BLiZZaRD
01-23-2007, 01:34 AM
Very welcome :D