PDA

View Full Version : IE7 browser navigation

pkcidstudio
01-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Does any one know of any script that will allow me to hide just the back and forward buttons in IE7? I know it can be done becasue banks do it and so does blockbuster online when viewing a trailer. does any one have any thoughts or maybe a direction i can travle in?

12345c
01-19-2007, 12:52 AM
It not hide or disable any buttons on toolbar throught any script. But that realization may show artifical buttons which emulate toolbar in new window opened without real toolbar.

thetestingsite
01-19-2007, 03:36 AM
It not hide or disable any buttons on toolbar throught any script. But that realization may show artifical buttons which emulate toolbar in new window opened without real toolbar.

Basically what this means is that you should open up a "Chromeless" window. Then at the top of the document, make a div (or table or whatever) as the toolbar navigation (used to emulate the real thing). Other than that, there is no script out there (or any way to do this) that I'm aware of.

Hope this further clears up any question you have in regards to this.

Added Later: A chromeless window is one without the toolbars, scrollbars, status bar, or anything other than the title bar with the close and minimize/maximize buttons.