PDA

View Full Version : Disabling close and minimize option in pop up window

sanjoeapen
01-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi All,
Can someone please help me in giving a suggestion for Disabling close and minismise option in pop up window.

thanks
Sanjo :)

djr33
01-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Sure, and at the same time, why not dissallowing shutting down?

You may have a very valid reason for wanting this, but any browser with sense wouldn't allow the function to be controlled. Unless you have seen this somewhere, it's best to just give up. If you have seen it somewhere, then link and perhaps we can see what might be the cause. However, I am doubtful. It certainly won't work in all cases.

You could do an in-window dynamic popup creating a Div and you could do whatever you want with it... no close button needs to be created for it. That's the only real suggestion.

sanjoeapen
01-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Sure, and at the same time, why not dissallowing shutting down?

You may have a very valid reason for wanting this, but any browser with sense wouldn't allow the function to be controlled. Unless you have seen this somewhere, it's best to just give up. If you have seen it somewhere, then link and perhaps we can see what might be the cause. However, I am doubtful. It certainly won't work in all cases.

You could do an in-window dynamic popup creating a Div and you could do whatever you want with it... no close button needs to be created for it. That's the only real suggestion.
Hi,
What do u mean by this..
"Sure, and at the same time, why not dissallowing shutting down?"

we wanted to disable pop up window close and minimise option and then the user selects some data from the screen and as soon as he does that, the window will do a self close...

this was the prospect of doing what I had asked.. Is there any other option that u know??

Also cant a pop up be stationary on the screen (not movable)??
Do you have a link that can help in this suggestion that you had give abt in-window pop up..

Thanks
Sanjo