PDA

View Full Version : I want the buttons to stay the same size

Jburnish
01-16-2007, 09:43 PM
1) Script Title: Chrome CSS drop down menu

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/chrome/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

I need to make each button on the nav bar the same size, instead of being modified by the amount of text in the <li>. Then I need them to stay the same size instead of getting all bunched up together.

I've tried modifying min width and height, max width and height, on UL LI and A rules. I am so far a 'no go' at this station!!!! Its got to be something simple I'm just missing! HELP!

Thanks in advance.
Jack

Jburnish
01-17-2007, 02:05 AM
Okay, after digging through the forum some. I find that layout - block. is apparently what I should be messing with. I think. I'm just not quite sure where in the style sheet I should apply that.

I guess I should also put in that I'm using a specific sized bg image for the LI's. Its about 50px height by 78px wide.

Should I just go to the UL rules and layout block and then set width there?

Jburnish
01-17-2007, 05:01 AM
Okay, figured it out, finally. (believe it or not, I've been trying to do this for a week straight. It'd look good on the editor preview, then I'd preview in browser, and it'd be fubared)

I started from scratch with the dynamic drive script. went to the style for UL LI A and inserted my background image.

then, with the hint from the other post way back in the forum about the layout block settings being the only one you can set width on. set layout: inline-block, then height and width the size of my image and POOF it finally freaking worked.
I set everything else the same 50 px. so its not quite lined up right on the background bar, but a few editing changes to margins and such should fix that!

While I didn't get an answer on here, I got enough clues from the forum to point me in the right direction. AND I found the script I needed on here for the flyout menu bars. Thanks all for all the coding work y'all do on here.

Jack