PDA

View Full Version : search engine optimization method??

3dpixel
01-14-2007, 03:50 PM
1) Script Title: PHP Photo Album script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/php-photoalbum.htm

3) to let google surf within pages, the links of the gallery should be something like this: <a href="page{x}.html" target="_self" onclick="setPage({x});">{x}</a> and when the page page{x}.html is accesed the fnction setPage({x}); to save the value {x} in a COOKIE and when the page page{x} is loading

jscheuer1
01-15-2007, 06:09 AM
Why? They are only images. If you are that concerned, put them on a separate page somewhere or put them in a division with visibility:hidden and absolute position or with display:none.

The search engine evaluation of your page(s) should be based more on their text content anyway.

3dpixel
01-15-2007, 07:46 AM
"visibility:hidden" ... "display:none" are CSS functions how hide the object / elements ( and they are considerd spam by google) is not a good ideea.......my site is based on images not on text " www.avataru.ro "

jscheuer1
01-15-2007, 08:25 AM
my site is based on images not on text

Bad idea, takes forever to load and, I have a high speed cable connection to the web. Even if you must have so many images, put enough text on your page so that the search engines can have a clue as to what is there. I'm not so sure about hidden or other css, depending upon how it is done but, you can do wonders with just a well thought out title and heading for your page and even add in some appropriate meta tags - for example on the home page -

In the head:

<title>mysite.com</title>

<meta name="homepage" content="mysite images digital art gallery - Welcome">
<meta name="description" content="The mysite images digital art gallery welcome page">
<meta name="keywords" content="mysiteimages, digitalart, gallery">

In the body (preferably at the top):

<h1>mysite.com</h1>

There really is little mystery to ranking and getting an accurate description on the search page, just be descriptive of what you are actually doing. The other key is to get other sites to link to yours.