PDA

View Full Version : (Auto Yahoo Login) Getting Logon Status

trippin
01-14-2007, 05:06 AM
Hi, I play a lot of yahoo spades so I have made a backdoor page with a form to log me in to yahoo on page-load in the background.

I am really trying to figure out how yahoo knows whether you are logged in and if so what screenname you are under.

Example: On any yahoo page after logging in you see the text at the top..

Welcome, yahoo_screen_name
[Sign Out, My Account]

I would like to check to see a given SN is logged on before processing logon form and display a different image depending on the current online status (before and after logon).

Kenny
01-14-2007, 05:11 AM
Look for the yahoo cookies

trippin
01-14-2007, 10:47 PM
I have an alternate idea..
Since I don't know how to read the cookies or the hash that yahoo uses, I came up with using the getelementbyid and innerhtml properties. This should work but doesn't for some reason? I've been trying and trying but I have come to a dead end. Here is the code:

<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
function alertInnerHTML()
{
alert(window.frames.zzz.getElementById("ygmagreet").innerHTML);
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<iframe name="zzz" src="http://profiles.yahoo.com"></iframe>
<br>
<input type="button" onclick=alertInnerHTML() value="Logged In SN?" />

</body>
</html>

mburt
01-14-2007, 10:59 PM
The html in the page isn't actually parsed in your browser, which basically means it isn't there, just feeding the page through your browser. You can't interact with elements in an iframe that links to an external site.

trippin
01-15-2007, 03:18 AM
That's quite a disappointment. Why is it possible to do this with software? Is it possible to use View-Source:http://www.google.com and feed this url through an iframe? Then you could extract the needed html. Can you open a popup window and read from there then close it or use a regular frame?

There has to be a way! LoL

F.U.ck It I'm TriPPiN

tech_support
01-16-2007, 06:37 AM
That'll be a security threat though.