PDA

View Full Version : Error on scirpt

LilDemon
01-12-2007, 07:37 PM
i am using a php script for this but the registeration page for my game is comin up with an error...
Line: 70
Char: 20
Error: Undertermined String Constant
and that is... the L in @mysql
At: $theiremail = @mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `players` WHERE `email`='$email'"));

}
$theirname = @mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `players` WHERE `username`='$name' AND `deleted`!='yes'"));
if ($theirname[id]) {
echo "The provided username is already in use.";
exit;
}
$theiremail = @mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `players` WHERE `email`='$email'"));
if ($theiremail[id]) {
echo "You already have an account!";
exit;

jscheuer1
01-12-2007, 11:48 PM
That looks like a javascript error. If it were a PHP error, the page would stop displaying at that point. If you have any external javascript linked to the page, there is a good chance that this is not what the error is really pointing to. Why not give us a link to your problem page so that we can check to see what is really causing it. I doubt that it could be the l in mysql.

djr33
01-13-2007, 02:09 AM
If it were a PHP error, the page would stop displaying at that point.only a fatal error. Such as the case with include() and require(), where include tries and if it fails "generates a level of e_warning" and require just ends execution if it fails, due to it's purpose. A good portion of the time, it will stop exectuing, though.

I can't find any PHP errors. The l can't be the issue.... just doesn't make sense.

One test... comment out the line (slashes.. //comment... so... //linehere) and it will be ignored. If that stops the error, it's that line. If not, then it's something entirely different.